I LOVE Pot Pie
I have not had a good pot pie in the last 6 years since I have become vegetarian.
There are some ok premade pies you can buy but nothing that blew my mind like the chicken pot pies I had growing up.
So began the journey for some delicious and sexy vegetarian pot pie.
- 1 Pie Crust – Pillsbury is classic but there are some really easy, buttery, flakey recipes out there.
- Biscuit Dough
- Creamy Base – Cream of broccoli is a favorite but cream of mushroom will make a more savory pie
- 4-5 Cups of Assorted Vegetables – I used a combination of frozen and fresh vegetables. This is a good way to clean out the fridge
- 1 TB Butter – Paula Deen Approved Recipe
- Favorite Seasonings – Because the base is pre-seasoned and high in sodium I avoid adding more salt. However garlic power, pepper, and parsley were a delicious addition.
- (Optional) Fake Chicken – I used 3 MorningStar patties cut into bite size pieces
1. Preheat Oven to 400 Deg F
2. Chop/slice the fresh vegetables to a medium size. Onions should be finely chopped because those bastards pack a punch. I used potatoes, celery, carrots, broccoli, and a small onion in addition to one bag of frozen assorted vegetables.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and cook the vegetables until they just begin to get soft. Start with the harder veggies (onions, carrots, celery, broccoli) and after a couple mins add the other veggies (potatoes, mushrooms, raw peas, etc). Cook for another 8 mins or until they no longer crunch when you sneak a taste.
4. Turn off the heat and add cream of broccoli (or prefered base), frozen vegetables, seasonings, and fake chicken.
5. Place crust into the pie dish and add the filling from the saucepan.
6. Cover with dropped biscuit dough
7. Bake in the center rack for approx. 25 mins or until the filling is bubbling and the biscuits are golden brown.
8. Let the pie set out of the oven for 5-10 mins while you drool and admire your handiwork.
MMMMMM Vegetarian Pot Pie